Welcome to the Forensic Counseling and Evaluations private Parent Conferences. FC&E providers have been conducting Parent Conferences for years through a contract with the Maricopa County Superior Court. In addition to conferences through the contract, the providers are now offering private Parent Conferences. These private conferences offer for great opportunities.
The court-ordered Parenting Conference provides a brief, non-evaluative review which can result in an agreement between the parties and/or a useful summary of important issues and considerations for the court. When the Court orders a Parenting Conference, the provider will contact the parents, give them the appropriate forms to complete, and schedule the meeting. The appointed provider will meet with the parents to determine areas of agreement about the Parenting Plan, and may offer suggestions for resolving conflicts. Often the children are interviewed as well. Typically, the Conference takes only a few hours, and is often concluded in one day. When possible, the parties sign a “Full Agreement” or “Partial Agreement” about the Parenting Plan, which is forwarded to the Court for consideration in advance of a scheduled hearing. The provider also prepares a summary of the session for the Court. The Parenting Conference is especially useful when the parties have limited means.
- Cost: The private Parent Conferences will be conducted at the cost determined by the individual provider and is to be split between the parties as determined by the parties or the court.
- Qualifications: Litigants will continue to have the opportunity to take advantage of the experienced providers at FC&E.
- Choice: unlike the current process, attorneys and litigants will be able to choose their provider.
- Collateral Documents: Attorneys are invited to submit documents but the provider does not seek documents. A review of up to 100 relevant pages (e.g. police reports, mental health records, school records, drug testing results) for each party is permitted within the cost of the conference.
- Efficiency: FC&E providers will typically submit a report within 30 days of receipt of an appointment.
- Report: Parties will be provided a report that is reflective of the high standards of FC&E.
Parent Conference Providers
Dr. DiCarlo is a licensed psychologist with knowledge and experience in cognitive-behavioral therapy and working with multifaceted individual and family issues. Dr. DiCarlo views parenting conferences as an opportunity to create a cooperative and respectful space to facilitate the parents’ navigation through a challenging process with compassion and fairness. With over 10 years of experience working with families in behavioral health settings, Dr. DiCarlo brings his understanding of the complex needs of modern and diverse families. His practice is informed by a multicultural consciousness, an awareness of the real life parenting challenges of today’s families, and a desire to find common ground while creatively problem solving. Parenting conference reports produced by Dr. DiCarlo are thorough, balanced, and timely. Dr. DiCarlo is co-located with Forensic Counseling & Evaluations. Please contact Dr. DiCarlo directly for instructions on how to request a parenting conference: https://www.drrobertdicarlo.com